For nearly 110 years, the Girl Scout Leadership Experience has provided girls with the setting for life-changing lessons that build confidence and critical thinking skills. Girls can unplug, learn important skills, try something new, and connect with peers in a safe and supportive environment.
Girl Scouts of Kentucky's Wilderness Road has planned a state-of-the-art Leadership Campus that will transform the Girl Scout experience throughout our 67-county service region. The development of this 11-acre property in Northern Kentucky will create a flagship facility equipped with facilities for day programs, overnight camping cabins and tent space, and multi-purpose quarters for programming, training, and enhanced technology for STEM activities. Outdoor amenities include a lakeside dock with boat house, archery range, sports court, and amphitheater.
We are incredibly grateful for the donors who have already given generously to this initiative.
We invite you to be a part of creating the Northern Kentucky Leadership Campus by giving today. Together we can inspire the next generation of girls to lead with courage, confidence, and character. We look forward to your leadership and support. Get on the list! Check out our Campaign Supporters below!
R.C. Durr Foundation^
St. Elizabeth Healthcare^
Mutual of America
Jaclyn and Justin Badeau
Susie & Kenneth Basham
Jane Ann Carter
Zatkin Family Estates
Diane Curry Gentry
Carolyn Sue Noble Hays
Austin E. Knowlton Foundation
Chris & Renee McDaniel
Peter & Holly Nicolau
Charles and Ruth Seligman Foundation
Randall & Jacqueline Shultz
Your gift to the Northern Kentucky Leadership Campus Campaign will help bring the best leadership development experience for girls in their community.
- Membership/Market Share: Our goal is to increase girl membership from 4,389 girls to 8,390 girls (5% market share based on school population) by 2023-24.
- Volunteers: Volunteers are critical to delivering every aspect of the Girl Scout program. They lead troops, assist with activity planning, coordinate troop cookie sales and special events, lead camp experiences, and serve as mentors. We have over 35 training modules for volunteers. Our goal is to increase adult volunteers from 1,363 to 2,000 by 2023-24.
- Community Utilization: The property will be available for community events, trainings, team building, and corporate retreats.
- Command Center: This accessible space and modernized operational infrastructure will allow staff and over 2,400 volunteers to conduct trainings, planning sessions, and meetings - all which are essential to support our Girl Scout programming and operations.
- Entrepreneurship Center: Our multi-functional, state-of-the-art Entrepreneurship Center will allow girls to access innovative experiences in entrepreneurship, leadership, and health & wellness. The modern amenities and technological advancements offered by the Entrepreneurship Center will also facilitate our cookie entrepreneurs to work as a team to accomplish common goals and solve problems, while building the confidence they need to excel as future leaders.
- Retail Center: Our badge program incentivizes girls to overcome obstacles and learn essential life skills that prepare girls with critical thinking and problem-solving skills, teamwork and collaboration, and adaptability and leadership. The updated Northern Kentucky Retail Center will provide a modern and attractive facility to inspire, reward, and motivate girls to meet their goals.
Girl Scouts continues to fuel the female leadership pipeline. Girl Scout alums display positive life outcomes including strong sense of self and life satisfaction, more volunteer and civic engagement, and higher levels of education and income.
Girl Scouts of Kentucky’s Wilderness Road has a great and growing need to develop facilities necessary to serve every girl. With population growth projections expected to be significantly higher in Northern Kentucky than in much of the state, GSKWR seeks to develop a flagship property - a Leadership Campus - in Erlanger for girls to enjoy the ultimate 21st Century Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
GSKWR seeks to raise $6 million to develop its picturesque 11-acre property in Erlanger into its most modern and sophisticated facility to create a wealth of new opportunities for generations to come.
The Leadership Campus will be developed in three phases. This initial phase seeks to raise $2 million and focuses on the Leadership Center - a 5,528 square foot building that will include a command center, retail space, and an entrepreneurship center for expanded programming, day camps, and staff/volunteer training. The Leadership Center will provide countless opportunities to further the core values of Girl Scouts by way of Entrepreneurship, Life Skills, and STEM initiatives.
Special Notes on Giving: All contributions are tax deductible. Pledges may be distributed over a three-year period. Pledge status reminders will be mailed to donors on a regular basis. There are also significant tax advantages in contributing securities that have appreciated in value. In making such gifts, you or your broker should notify the GSKWR of the intended transaction to arrange the transfer of funds. All gifts will be gratefully received and appropriately recognized.
Reaching our $2 million campaign goal takes gifts of all sizes. Find yourself on the chart above and make your gift today. Pledges are payable over a three-year period. Make your gift below or contact Deidra Fajack, Capital Campaign Director.
In addition to financial support, Girl Scouts of Kentucky's Wilderness Road seeks leaders and volunteers who believe in the mission of Girl Scouts to help lead efforts to raise awareness and support within the community.
Contact us to learn more about how you can help.