You asked for improvements on the registration site, and GSUSA listened!
Summary of Important eBiz Changes
The eBiz website will be down 2 p.m. on Aug. 9 until 5 a.m. on Aug. 13 during the upgrade.
As part of the upgrade, all existing accounts (user names and passwords) will be deactivated. All adults will be required to create a New Online Account to gain access to the system following the upgrade. You can reuse your old user name and password when creating your new online account if you choose. With your new online account, you will be able to manage yourself, your family and/or troop(s) depending on your current participation status. For example, a troop leader who has a daughter participating in Girl Scouts will be able to manage both her family and troop(s) with a single login.
One person per family will be designated as a Family Manager. This role will be assigned by the system according to the first listed parent or guardian on the child’s account (aka Guardian 1) at the time of the upgrade. Only the Family Manager will be able to view and manage the accounts of children and adult family member(s) from his/her own login. The Family Manager designation can be changed by contacting the Help Desk.
Girls under the age of 18 must be managed by a Family Manager and will no longer be able to login under their own name. The adult listed second on the child’s account (aka Guardian 2) will become part of the family and can be managed by the Family Manager. The Guardian 2 is also able to activate and manage their own account if they wish. They will see the guardian relationship with their child, but will be unable to manage their child’s activities or memberships.
Troop leaders with an online account can manage their troop(s) and troop members online. No data will be lost during the upgrade and leaders will be able to manage their troop(s) and their own account as soon as they create their New Online Account.
What you can expect with this new upgrade:
All of these upgrades will be available in mid-August. We hope these upgrades will improve your Girl Scouting experience! Thank you for your cooperation during the upgrade process.
For Troop Leaders:
- Ability to see all activities, regardless of the registration method, for their entire troop or troops
- Ability to see all troop orders placed online
- An easy to use interface that will prompt them to update troop meeting information
For Girl Scout Families:
- Ability to manage their entire whole family with a single login
- Ability to see all of their family’s activities, regardless or registration method
- Ability to see all orders placed online on behalf of their family
- Ability to manage membership renewals and new memberships for their whole family
- An improved search functionality
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org