#6 Getting to Know a Girl Scout Brownie (continued)
- Minnie Mouse Time – Talking allowed only in polite litter whispers
- Change Activities! – Often, girls are trying to tell you they are ready to move on to the next activity.
- Positive Rewards – Give stickers for the desired behaviors
- Sit and Watch – Have girls sit out for awhile if they are disruptive or being overly sensitive – don’t stop the whole group.
- Keep Your Cool – Above all, stay calm and consistent. Handle problems matter-of-factly.
- Ignore Bothersome Behavior – Sometimes behavior is attention-getting. Ignore it if you can.
- Sit Next to a Girl! – Sometimes sitting next to a rambunctious girl can help her settle down.