Goal: With the ALERT issue established, girls get creative about reaching out to an Air Care Team and educating and inspiring that team to Act for Air. Along the way, girls consider the special flair they each can contribute to the team effort.
Supplies and Resources
- Breathe Cadette Girl Scout Journey book
- Markers, pens
- Paper, glue, scissors, and tape
- Healthy snack
As the girls arrive:
- Designate assistants for the meeting and be sure they understand their roles.
Opening Ceremony: An Airy Mood
- Ask the girls how they would like to get themselves into an “airy” mood for today’s meeting.
- Use the list on page 71 of the adult guide for examples of activities.
Sounding the call: What’s the Plan?
- Review the ideas from the previous meeting and discuss any changes they might want to make. Refer to the “W” and “H” questions to help them create their plan.
- Invite the girls to think of who they would like to invite to join their Air care Team.
Adding Our Flair
- Use the questions on page 74 of the adult guide to help the girls assign specific roles for the project.
The Power of Pithiness
- Help the girls think of ways to be “pithy”, and create slogans that represent their project. Use the questions on pages 74 and 75 of the adult guide to help get their creative juices flowing.
- Invite the girls to share their hopes for their work to educate and inspire an Air Care Team. See page 75 of the adult guide for a suggestion of what to say.