Supplies and Resources
- Sow What? Senior Girl Scout Journey Book
- Any supplies needed for the activity the girls have chosen
- Begin this meeting with a ceremony of the girls’ choice.
Hunger Pain Activity Option
- Use the questions on page 66 of the adult guide to help the girls think about the impact of hunger around the world while they are completing the activities of their choice.
- The girls will complete one of the activity options they chose at the end of meeting six.
- Explore the use of chemical pest control methods versus the use of natural methods. Find out the advantages and disadvantages of each type.
Closing Ceremony: Gratitude
- The girls will share their feelings of gratitude for the food in their own lives. Refer to page 70 of the adult guide for more information about this ceremony.
Plan It: Toward the Harvest
- Invite the girls to begin thinking about their Harvest project by asking some of the questions listed on page 70 of the adult guide.