Goal: Girls conduct their air observations or public health exploration and interviews and add to their Compare Air logs. Along the way, they think about the flair they have as individuals and as a team. They consider their reasons for caring about air. They might even be ready to earn their AWARE award.
Supplies and Resources
- Breathe Cadette Girl Scout Journey book
- Markers, pens
- Paper, glue, scissors, and tape
- Healthy snack
As the girls arrive:
- Make any final preparations for the field trip and be sure the adult assistants are prepared.
- Conduct a small opening ceremony of the girls’ choosing to begin the meeting.
Get AWARE: Observational Trip
- Be sure to specify a place and time to meet up after conducting the observations before your group splits up.
- Use the prompts on page 60 of the adult guide to give the girls something to think about in their explorations.
- Discuss the progress your group has made toward earning their AWARE awards. Refer to page 61 of the adult guide for more information about this closing ceremony.
Take Home Activity
As the girls are looking at the women featured in the book, they will also complete Career Exploration activity 4 by gathering additional information about one of the women featured in their Journey books. They will bring this information to the next meeting and share it with the group.
The girls will also need to complete pages 102 & 103 in the Journey book in order to receive their AWARE award at the next meeting.