Goal: The Juniors reach out to women in their community to explore all the roles available to them.
SUPPLIES AND RESOURCES
- Girls Scout Junior Adult Guide
- Girl Scout Junior aMUSE (Girls Book)
- Team Prop Box (props brought by girls)
- Photos of women in real-life roles
- Healthy Snack
- Copies of planning sheet and invitation
Opening Ceremony: I Can, I Am
- Gather the girls in a circle and have them take turns sharing their new props with the group. As each girl places their prop in the Team Prop Box have her introduce her prop and the role it represents.
Casting Call Check-in and “I Wonder…”
- Check on the girls to see how they are coming along with their Casting Call Logs.
- Then gather girls around to show them photos of various girls and women in real-life roles. Have girls choose one or more images they are curious about and have them take turns completing the sentence that is on page 43 of your Adult Guide.
Reaching Out: Planning the Team “Callback”
- This is the second step for girls to earn their Reach Out! Award. The girls were asked to do a Callback with one of the women on their Casting Call Log. Tell girls to refer to their GB pages 28-31 for some helpful questions to ask. For more information on this activity refer to page 43-44 in your Adult Guide.
- Girls will decide whether they want to do a panel discussion or individually. If girls decide on panel discussion refer to page 45-46 of the Adult Guide.
- Snack Time!
Closing Ceremony: Admire, Inspire
- Invite girls to close their eyes and envision a role they admire or that inspires them. Have them think about the role and how it makes them feel. Refer to page 47 of the Adult Guide for more information.