SUPPLIES AND RESOURCES
- Girls Scout Junior Adult Guide
- Girl Scout Junior aMUSE (Girls Book)
- Healthy Snack
“A Dancer who Dazzles” and “Think Again: Take 2!”
- Scripts on pages 24-26 of the Girl Scout Junior aMUSE book
- Discuss with the girls stereotypes they may face
- Have girls fill out there tracker that is located on page 27 of the GB.
Moods and Moves
- Invite the girls to show mood through movement. Have each girl choose a mood and then express the mood without saying a word and using body language. Have the others try and figure out which mood each girl is portraying. Do this until each girl has had a chance.
Option: More Gender Scenarios to Try
- If Juniors enjoyed the Role-Play Switcheroo is previous meeting, offer one or more of the boy-girl scenarios. Explain to girls there is no right or wrong way to be, that they are just acting what they have seen in their own lives.
- For more details of this activity refer to page 41 of Adult Guide.
- Snack Time!!
Looking Ahead to Session 3
- Ask girls to bring a new prop for their Team Prop Box that signifies one of their roles in life.
- Reach out to your Network for photos of women and girls in a variety of real-life roles for “I Wonder…” (Page 43) and for snack foods (see page 47).