Purpose: Gather information from the community through a survey that explores relevant media issues.
• What is the view of media in our community?
• What are some community issues that media affects? Does it have a positive or
Materials: Notebooks, surveys, pen/pencil
• Review the questions for the survey with the girls.
• Have the girls interview the unit staff. They will write down the answers in their notebooks. They should interview at least 3 people. Try to avoid campers interviewing the same staff, though some overlap can occur.
Wrap Up Questions:
• Were you surprised by any of the answers you received?
• What concerns did people share about media through their answers?
• Did anyone get similar or repeated answers from different interviewees?