SUPPLIES AND RESOURCES
- Girls Scout Junior Adult Guide
- Girl Scout Junior aMUSE (Girls Book)
- Slips of paper prepared (roles already listed)
- Bowl, Bag, Hat (something for the girls to pull out of)
- Healthy Snack
- Invite girls to come up with their own ceremony to begin day meeting
“A Cheerleader for Actions”
- Have girls to follow script on pages 14-15 of GB
- Have small discussion once finished with reading
- Have Juniors practice activity located on page 18 of GB
- This activity gets the girls to practice “cold reading” and “sight-reading”
- Snack Time!!
- Invite Juniors to come up with ceremony to close days’ meeting
Looking Ahead to Session Two
- Ask the girls to be on the lookout for all of the roles they see girls and women take on all around them and inform them they will be discussing it in the next session
- Also contact your Network to gather a range of props to start off the Juniors’ Team Prop Box. Remember, you’ll want enough items so all the girls have several to choose from for the next session’s closing ceremony.
- Also let the girls know that next time, they’ll make a fun snack together.