SUPPLIES AND RESOURCES
- Girl Scout Junior Adult Guide
- Selection of portraits of women and girls in any medium (books, magazine, or photos you have)
- Hand mirrors(one per girl)
- Variety of art materials (drawing paper, pens, markers, paint, clay, digital camera, found materials)
- Healthy Snack
- Inform the girls that portraits show more than what a person looks like on the outside. The best portraits might even reveal how someone thinks and feels.
- Then share portraits of women and girls you’ve brought in to show the Juniors, and the self-portrait of Margaret Bourke-White
- For more information and portrait of Margaret Bourke-White refer to page 81 of the Adult Guide.
- Follow the directions on page 82 of the Adult Guide for this activity.
- Snack Time!!