Supplies and Resources
- Sow What? Senior Girl Scout Journey Book
- Markers, pens, paper, glue, scissors, and tape
- Supplies for the “Flipping Your Food Miles” activity, found on page 34 of the adult guide
- Healthy snack
- Begin this meeting with a ceremony of the girls’ choice.
Activity: Flipping Your Food Miles
- Help the girls create a flip book that shows how some of their favorite foods get to them. They can continue adding to their books as the journey continues. See page 38 of the adult guide for more information.
Plan It: Food Forage
- The girls will plan the details and location of their Food Forage activity. Use the dialogue on page 38 and 39 of the adult guide to guide the girls through the planning of this activity.
- To prepare for the Food Forage activity, invite the girls to look at page 15 of their Journey books and discuss Country of Origin Labeling.
Sow What? Make It Your Own
- Invite the girls to look ahead in their Journey books for things they might like to spend more time on, or other topics they might like to investigate. Use the guide on pages 42 and 43 of your how to book to help the girls customize their journey. Refer to page 40 of the adult guide for more information on how the girls can customize their journey.
- This journey features many recipes, in both the adult guide and the journey book, for foods made from healthy ingredients. If possible, invite the girls to choose a different recipe to prepare and try during each meeting, or suggest the girls take turns making and bringing these healthy snacks from home.
- Invite the girls to choose one of the closing ceremonies found on page 41 of the adult guide to end this week’s meeting.
- Before the meeting is over, be sure to remind the girls of any special plans they have made for the next meeting when they will complete their Food Forage.