Goal: Girls affirm their impact on Earth’s air, compiling their AFFIRMation collage to present to Girl Scout Juniors. They also wrap up their “Air Time” fun and plan the closing celebration for their Breathe Journey.
Supplies and Resources
- Breathe Cadette Girl Scout Journey book
- Markers, pens
- Paper, glue, scissors, and tape
- AFFIRM awards, one for each girl
- Healthy snack
As the girls arrive:
- Designate assistants for the meeting and be sure they understand their roles.
Opening Ceremony: AFFIRM
- Invite the girls to share their AFFIRMations of their impact on the community. Use page 88 of the adult guide to help the girls think about how they made a difference.
- The girls will use the “evidence” they gathered to make their AFFIRM collage and write a note to the Junior Girl Scouts they will give their collage to.
- Present the AFFIRM awards to the girls, they can plan a small ceremony for this if they would like.
- Invite the girls to look through their books and choose an activity they would like to complete, or something they would like to spend more time thinking about. Refer to page 86 of the adult guide for Air Time activities the girls might enjoy.
Planning a Final Celebration
- Use this time to plan a Journey celebration. Refer to page 89 of the adult guide for planning tips.
- Invite the girls to choose a closing ceremony for today’s meeting.