Goal: Girls conclude their Sow What? journey, assessing what they have learned, connecting with all those who have assisted them, and celebrating their harvest.
Supplies and Resources
- Sow What? Senior Girl Scout Journey Book
- Copies of pages 91-95 of the adult guide
- Pencils or pens
- Begin this meeting with a ceremony of the girls’ choice. A “Bountiful Harvest” of ideas
- Invite the girls to look over the copies of pages 91-95 and complete the activities. They can use these to help plan the celebration and awards ceremony.
- The girls might also like to use the activities to create an extra meeting before the conclusion of their journey.
- Refer to page 90of the adult guide for starting points to share with the girls.
Plan It: Harvest Celebration
- If your troop or group would like to have additional meetings before their final celebration to explore more Sow What? activities, use this time to plan those meetings.
- If your troop is ready to hold their Harvest Celebration, use this time to plan it. Encourage them to think about what foods they would like to serve, who they would like to invite, and what parts of their journey they would like to share with their guests.
- End this meeting with a ceremony of the girls’ choice. See page 41 for closing ceremony suggestions.