Supplies and Resources
- Breathe Cadette Girl Scout Journey book
- Markers, pens
- Paper, glue, scissors, and tape
- Supplies to create “thank you” cards
- Healthy snack
As the girls arrive:
- Designate assistants for the meeting and be sure they understand their roles.
- Invite the girls to choose an opening ceremony, refer to pages 42, 50, and 71 of the adult guide for ideas.
- Help the girls create a list of who they would like to thank for their help on the ALERT project, and how they would like to thank these people.
- Create special thank you cards for each of the people the girls choose.
- Use the instructions on page 85 of the adult guide to help the girls think about the impact they had on their community and gather “evidence” of their ALERT Project.
- Invite the girls to look at the careers on page 98 of their books and talk about them. Discuss some other careers that relate to air or the environment.
Take Home Activity
The girls will continue to think about careers that relate to air and the environment by researching careers related to the environment and the law and choosing one to further explore. They will need to find out the nature of work and educational requirements for their career of choice, and bring the results to the next meeting.
- Invite the girls to choose a closing ceremony for today’s meeting.
- Before the meeting ends, remind the girls about their Take-Home Activity.