SUPPLIES AND RESOURCES
- Girls Scout Junior Adult Guide
- 10-20 ads and/or packaging for products marketed to children ages 9 to 12 (i.e. toys, video or computer games, sports equipment; all materials should include photographs of children)
- Drawing paper
- Pens or markers
- Popcorn Snack (see page 52)
- Explain to girls that advertising experts have the job of selecting pictures or photos to place in ads and on packaging for products the girls see every day, such as toys, games, and sports equipment
- Place the ads that you and the girls have collected in the center of a table. Ask the girls to take turns choosing an item and placing it in one of three piles
- Ask girls whether they agree with the choices of the pile and if not, explain why.
- For more details of this activity refer to pages 50-52 of the Adult Guide.
aMUSE-ing Snacks: Mini Popcorn balls
- Refer to page 52 of Adult Guide for recipe