Lemonade Dream Cupcakes
- 1 box of Lemonades
- 1 package of white cake mix
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open Lemonades, set 6 aside for garnish. Crumble remaining cookies into medium chunks in a large bowl.
- Combine lemon juice with water to make 1 1/3 cups.
- Mix lemon juice mixture, egg whites, oil and cake mix in a large bowl until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool, add frosting and garnish with additional Lemonades.
To make the frosting:
Recipe by Liz Biro on foodies.blogs.starnewsonline.com