#14 Three Models of Troop Government (continued)
Follow these steps when implementing Leadship Training:
- Have girls brainstorm traits a good leader should have and write the list on a large piece of paper for all to see.
- Have girls add to their list based on information from their Journey books and Junior Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting.
- Ask girls to put a star next to any items that a good leader MUST have.
- Have girls discuss: Why are these traits so important?
- Have girls discuss: What would a good leader do if her group votes on one thing and she wanted another?
- Have girls discuss: How can a good leader make sure that all members of her group have a chance to participate in group decisions?
- Have girls discuss: How could a good leader handle a situation where one or two people always get their way in decisions?
- Have girls discuss: What are some ways to make decisions besides voting on them?
- Give girls a written job description (developed by the troop) for her position.
- Have girls place a star next to those items she feels she already knows how to do well.
- Have experienced girls discuss the job description with the girl, focusing on items that are not starred.
- Have girls discuss: Where could a good leader get help if there were problems with her group?
Qualities of a Leader: