#22 Junior Leader Guide
Many new leaders are unsure about what they really need to be doing with the troop. The most important thing is to simply have fun! Discuss with the girls exactly what they would like to do in Girl Scout Juniors and then work together to make those things happen.
But if you are the type of person who wants a little more direction, here are some guidelines.
- Register your troop.
- Complete the courses for troop leadership.
- Meet on a regular basis (once a week or twice a month).
- Have an investiture ceremony.
- Earn (1) Junior Journey and (2) Junior Awards
- Complete the Annual Troop Review.
- Participate in 2 service projects.
- Participate in the Fall Product and Cookie Sale.
- Participate in at least one event outside the troop meeting. (See the online Program Calendar)
GREAT TO DO:
- Do a Thinking Day activity.
- Donate to the Juliette Low World Friendship Fund.
- Participate in a parade or other community event.
- Keep a scrapbook of all the fun you’re troop had this year.
- Complete one of the additional awards available to Girl Scout Juniors
AND FOR YOU GO GETTERS – SUPER TROOP!
But remember, no matter which level of involvement; must do, should do, great to do or super troop, it’s about you and the girls working together to have a fun and exciting year!