#16 Junior Awards
The insignia on a girl's uniform are a record of her adventures and accomplishments as a Girl Scout. Insignia is the general term for all official items that girls and adults can wear on their uniforms.
- Earned Level Awards: Earned by completing requirements or demonstrating understanding of a concept, as outlined in Girl Scout program books, including bridging awards, journey award, and Daisy through Ambassador level awards.
- Participation Patches and Pins: Supplementary insignia developed at the national or council level with a focus on participation. Some come with companion activity booklets. Includes American Flag Patch, fun patches, and the World Thinking Day Patch.
Junior Journey Awards
It’s Your World – Change it!
This Junior journey is filled with fun and friendship. From its start to its closing celebration, the girls will move from a deeper understanding of themselves to exploring how powerful they are as a team, to realizing the added strength they gain by reaching out in the wider community to take action with its members. Agent of Change offers girls a chance to earn three awards and record progress throughout the journey in their own ''Award Tracker.''
- To earn The Power of One Award, girls will discover and share the powerful story of a forgotten woman or girl from around the world who mobilized others and made a difference, discover all the ways their own strengths and powers help them create change in the world, and discover what the Girl Scout Law and true ''heroines'' have in common
- To earn The Power of Team Award, girls connect with their Girl Scout crew to create a ''super girl'' story in which the characters take one small situation they care about and strive for long-lasting community change. Girls will also make a team decision and write their team hopes for a Take Action Project that reaches into a community network to solve a problem together with community members
- To earn The Power of Community Award, girls take action on their plan, reach out, join others and get them involved, and start something that snowballs into a change in their world. Girls join in their Girl Scout Junior circle to reflect on what they accomplished and celebrate it.
Agent of Change Skill Builders
Five additional badges that can enhance your Journey! Digital Photographer, Staying Fit, Musician, Entertainment Technology and Scribe
It's Your Planet—Love It!
This journey offers Juniors a chance to earn three Girl Scout leadership awards—Energize, Investigate, and Innovate. The girls can choose to earn one, two, or all three. If they earn all three, they'll see how the awards join together to create an energizing effect on their vest or sash.
To earn the Energize Award, girls:
- Make an Energy Pledge to reduce their energy use in one or more ways
- Try at least two other Energize activities suggested along the journey
- Check out how other people are tackling energy issues
To earn the Investigate Award, girls connect with their Girl Scout crew to:
- Learn about energy use in their buildings
- Work with their families to make an energy improvement at home
- Investigate energy use in a community building and suggest ways to make it more energy-efficient
To earn the Innovate Award, girls:
- Identify an energy issue in the community, research it, create a plan, and carry it out, all the while reaching out to others to join in, too
- Share the news, reflect on what they accomplished, and celebrate it
Get Moving Skill Builders
Five additional badges that can enhance your Journey! Jeweler, Gardener, Detective, Camper, and Independence.
It's Your Story – Tell It!
This journey offers Juniors a chance to earn three Girl Scout leadership awards—Reach Out!, Speak Out!, and Try Out!. The girls can choose to earn one, two, or all three. If they earn all three, they'll see how the awards join together to create an amusing effect on their vest or sash.
To earn the Reach Out! Award, girls:
- Keep a log of all the women and girls you encounter during a few days or a week.
- Choose one of them to talk with and learn about the roles she plays in her life.
To earn the Speak Out! Award, girls:
- Learn the skills to telling a story about stereotyping.
- Create and share a story that gets people involved in challenging stereotypes.
To earn the Try Out! Award, girls:
- Keep a log of the roles they play in their life for a few days or a week
- Choose and complete two other Try Out! Activities that give them confidence to tackle even more roles
- Then, as a team, for a Junior circle and take turns making a promise to keep trying out new roles.
Get Moving Skill Builders
- Five additional badges that can enhance your Journey! Geocacher, Animal Habitats, Playing the Past, Product Designer, and Social Butterfly.
Junior Summit Award- Girls earn this award by completing all three journeys!
Mentoring Awards- Girls earn this award by mentoring younger Girl Scouts!
Safety Award- This awards prepares Juniors to know how to stay safe on their adventures. There are 5 steps to earn this award.
My Promise, My Faith- Earning this pin helps girls explore how Girl Scouting and their faith offer similar ideas about how to act and how Girl Scouting can tie into your faith
Cookie Activity Pin- Girls earn this by participating in the Cookie Sale!
World Thinking Day Award- In honor of this day, Girl Scouts take part in special activities to honor their sisters around the world. Every year, girls “think” about something that connects them to their global sisterhood. To find out what you need to do to earn this award, click here.
Global Action Award- When you earn this award, you’ll learn more about how girls live around the world. To find out more, click here.