It’s Your Planet -Love It!-Get Moving!
Juniors build their skills as leaders who Energize, Investigate, and Innovate. They earn these three prestigious new leadership awards as they explore their own energy, the energy in their places and spaces (buildings), and the energy of getting from here to there (transportation). Juniors have a new comic story, "Vamos Ya!" to inspire their action (walking school bus anyone?) Dez, the fashionista spider, is also back to add some wit to the journey as she tries to figure out life "off the grid." "How does this carbon footprint thing work?" she asks. "Do I get eight?" From their own paper making experiment to making beads from newspapers and magazines to forming a "perpetual human motion machine," Juniors will find that GET MOVING! is crammed full of energizing stuff to make and do!
- Make an Energy Pledge to reduce their energy use in one or more ways
- Try at least two other Energize activities suggested along the journey
- Check out how other people are tackling energy issues
Investigate Award, girls connect with their Girl Scout crew to:
- Learn about energy use in their buildings
- Work with their families to make an energy improvement at home
- Investigate energy use in a community building and suggest ways to make it more energy efficient
- Identify an energy issue in the community, research it, create a plan, and carry it out, all the while reaching out to others to join in, too
- Share the news, reflect on what they accomplished, and celebrate it
Session by Session Meeting Guide