Many new leaders are unsure about what they really need to be doing with their troop. The most important thing is to simply have fun! Discuss with the girls exactly what they would like to do in Daisies and then work together to make those things happen.
But if you are the type of person who wants a little more direction, here are some guidelines.
- Register your troop.
- Complete the courses for troop leadership.
- Meet on a regular basis (once a week or twice a month).
- Have an investiture ceremony.
- Earn the Daisy Promise Circle and Daisy Learning Petals.
- Complete the Annual Troop Review.
- Participate in 2 service projects.
- Participate in the Fall Product and Cookie Sale.
- Complete a Daisy Journey.
- Participate in at least one event outside the troop meeting. (See the online Program Calendar)
GREAT TO DO:
- Do a Thinking Day activity.
- Donate to the Juliette Low World Friendship Fund.
- Participate in a parade or other community event.
- Keep a scrape book of all the fun you’re troop had this year.
- Complete one of the additional awards available to Girl Scout Daisies.
AND FOR YOU GO GETTERS – SUPER TROOP!
But remember, no matter which level of involvement; must do, should do, great to do or super troop, it’s about you and the girls working together to have a fun and exciting year!