Cranberry Citrus Crisp Salad
- 1 package mixed salad greens
- 6 oz fully cookied chicken breast strips
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup dried mandarin oranges
- 1/2 Cranberry Citrus topping (see below)
- Balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
For Salad Topping:
- 1 tablesppon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 10 Cranberry Crips cookies, broken into 1/2 inch pieces
Place salad greens in a serving bowl, scatter toppings on salad and serve with salad dressing.
To make salad topping: In a four-cup bowl, stir together honey, oil and orange rind. Add pecans and stir to coat. Add cookie pieces and stir to coat. Spread mixture evenly in greased jelly roll pan or on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool.
Serving suggestions: Serve with Ciabatta bread. Salad topping is tasty on any salad, and is also a great addition to any trail mix.