FLSA/KYDOL STATUS: Temporary Part-Time
PAY AMOUNT: $9 per hour plus mileage ($0.40 per mile) for gas reimbursement.
TIMELINE: Actual days and times will vary. Must be available to work as needed Monday-Thursday Mornings afternoons, and nights. Must also be available to work some Saturdays as needed (generally 10-2). Weekly tracking of hours. Job spans 5-9 week timeframe.
To provide assistance in organizing and supporting new Girl Scout troops as well as assisting existing troops in their re-registration for the new membership year.
Increase girl and adult membership in assigned Service Units/Counties.
- Become familiar with the Girl Scout Program and be capable of using that knowledge to entice girls and adults to join Girl Scouting.
- Take ownership of membership recruitment goals within assigned areas.
- Execute and evaluate membership plans with supervisor.
- Prepare materials and travel to assigned schools to conduct classroom and/or lunchroom girl recruitment.
- Prepare materials and travel to schools to conduct evening parent meetings.
- Attend school open houses/community fairs to recruit girls and adults.
- Report membership progress weekly to assigned supervisor.
- Return telephone calls and emails from potential adult volunteers and girls.
Provide troops and volunteers with appropriate resources and assistance.
- Distribute, understand and effectively communicate written materials distributed during Girl Scout recruitment (such as parent night flyers, Criminal Background process, Volunteer Applications, Girl Scout Q&A, etc.)
- Be capable of explaining to interested new leaders the required trainings for Girl Scout Leadership (Welcome to Girl Scout, Age Level Leadership Essentials).
- Provide assistance to troops in the registration or re-registration process.
Carry out other membership duties as assigned.
- Ensure the absolute security and confidentiality of all Council records.
- Provide and ensure professional, superior customer service is provided to all customers, members, volunteers, staff and other community contacts.
- Conduct oneself in a manner that reflects a positive and professional image of Girl Scouting.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Complete Welcome to Girl Scouts Training within one week of date of hire.
- Superior customer service philosophy and skills.
- Ability to recruit, motivate and work well with diverse populations and volunteers.
- Ability to interact with school administrators and the community.
- Excellent judgment, with the ability to manage time, work independently, and handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel)
- Ability to maintain a high standard of professional appearance and behavior.
- Must subscribe to tenets of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
- Travel as the job requires.
- Work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and mid-mornings/afternoons.
- Physical ability to lift, carry, set up work-related supplies and/or equipment weighing at least 20 pounds.
- Ability to sit at a computer work station for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand on feet for a long period of time.
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Able to provide own method of transportation, have valid driver's license with appropriate insurance.
- Pass background and motor vehicle check.
To apply, please send cover letter describing your interest in working with Girl Scouts, résumé and
(3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
An AA/EEO Employer