Meeting 2: The Road Trip Begins
Goal: Girls continue to explore what makes them unique as they start to consider the feelings of their sister Daisies and expand their knowledge of shapes in nature.
Supplies and Resources:
- Paper and crayons or markers, enough for all girls
- Materials for Create Your Own Car, see page 52 of the adult guide
- Soil samples for The Sweet Smell of soil activity
- Copy of the blue bucket on page 55 of the adult guide
- Color poems, found at the end of this guide
Since this meeting focuses on colors, bring a variety of brightly colored fruits and vegetables, cut into Daisy sized pieces, for snack. You might also bring different flavored dips for the girls to try with their colorful snacks.
- Invite them to flip through their books and find pictures they like.
- Get started on the team journey poster, refer to pages 36 and 48 of the adult guide.
Opening Ceremony: Have a Great Trip and How Are You Feeling? (p. 51)
- The girls will learn how to say “Have a great trip” in French, and then add this to their luggage tags/bookmarks.
Activity: Create Your Own Car (p. 52)
Role Play: How I Help My friends
- The girls will pair up and do some role playing. (p. 52)
- Read the color poems out loud, or let the girls take turns reading them.
Activity: A Walk in Nature to Find Colors (p. 53)
- Before going outside, make a list of all the girls’ favorite colors.
Activity: The Sweet Smell of Soil
- If possible, have a guest come and talk about different types of soil. This person can be a farmer, gardener, or just someone who loves the outdoors. (p. 53)
Closing Ceremony: I think you’re feeling…