Meeting 1: Starting Our Animal Adventure
GOAL: Daisies identify ways they can care for animals.
SUPPLIES AND RESOURCES
- Picture of a bald eagle
- Garden patches for the Daisy leadership awards (one for each girl)
- Mural-size paper
- Paper Mache materials
- Corn Starch
- Hot and Cold Water(see page 32 Adult Guide)
- Shallow bowl or container
- Colored tissue paper and other decorative materials
- Markers, crayons, glue and assorted craft materials
- Large sheet of paper and marker (to jot down girls’ ideas)
Opening Ceremony: Animals Around the World (Bald Eagle: United States) (p. 29)
- Once all the girls arrive, gather them in a circle, introduce yourself and explain that they are now in a Daisy Circle.
Get Creative: Team Animal Mural (p. 30)
- Explain to Daisies that throughout this journey they will be learning about animals, and as they go along they’ll team up and place each animal on their Team Animal Mural.
- Explain to the girls what a mural is and guide them to write “Our Animal Mural” (or another title) across the mural.
Get Creative: Building a Team Birdbath (p. 32)
- Set up an area where girls can make Paper Mache.
- Guide the girls in dipping and soaking the torn strips.
Closing Ceremony: Keeping the Girl Scout Promise